permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Trader Joe's

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Trader Joe's
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:23:19 -0500

On 1/26/2011 2:23 PM, Linda Ray wrote:

Actually Amy, Jennifer IMO has brought up a great point; I also regard Trader
Joe's as a desirable adjunct to our local Farmers' Markets.

Very much so.

I personally would like to see Trader Joe's proliferate and their business
model
spread. Let them put the unconscious processed-and-GMO-food chain-groceries
out
of business.

Unconcious not, unconscientious maybe so and definitely so in many cases.

You should bookmark and read regularly Alternet; what a news source!
Example:
http://www.alternet.org/food/149576/4_surprising_places_you_should_never_buy_seafood_from/
4 Surprising Places You Should Never Buy Seafood From
Here is a quick-and-dirty list of four seafood retailers that have adopted reprehensible practices in their quest for fish-driven profit.
January 25, 2011 |
This is the first installment in Casson Trenor's monthly column, 4 Oceans, about protecting our fisheries and ocean health through sustainable seafood.
1. Costco 2. Legal Seafood 3. Nobu 4. H.E.B.
<>

I would like to make the point that we need the supermarkets, box stores
and similar outlets including Sams, now and always. What we also need is a diverse playing field, a fair balance between them and local stores, independently owned grocers, coop stores, food coops, family-owned businesses, small and family farms and individual vendors, processed goods producers and market gardeners and farmers.