permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Question for Elaine: Fwd:Re: Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Soil minerals and nutrition

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "sals3" <sals3@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Question for Elaine: Fwd:Re: Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Soil minerals and nutrition
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:17:36 -0800

I would like to add my 2 cents the soil you test now is not the soil you will have real soon if you r making your own soil using permaculture. . you may not get the same readings after a rain or on a hot day or over here or over there . I would think and after years there should be more fungus more forest etc do you think the test would be the same minerals . . IMHO
do you think the soil test under a banana "a grass "would give the same readings as under a 100 year tree even though they are only feet apart ? I don't know. I think a good soil test the best I have seen was go under a healthy tree and pull back the mulch and see if your making soil and how good it looks. of course it looks better after a rain and different in hot weather. guess you have to look at the tree itself and every thing around it . are they happy or stressed. .

permacultureforum@gmail.com