permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Perma-Data needed!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dick Pierce <dickpiercedesigns@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Perma-Data needed!
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:21:01 -0500

Great questions - quantiative answers with sources would be most valuable to
me and I expect many of us. Please keep this thread public and, Andrew, it
would be a great service if you could publish a list of the answers after
you've received them.

Thanks for starting this - it is what I love to read and participate in on
this listserve. Gracias.

Dick Pierce
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Andrew Millison <amillison@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm putting together a funding proposal for a State agency who are
> requesting Permaculture training for their staff.
>
> I need to include data in the proposal with *verifiable sources*. Some
> examples of the types of statements I'd like to clarify and back up are:
>
> * Intensive garden agriculture is X% more productive per unit of area than
> conventional mechanized field cropping and require X% less
> energy/water/dollars to maintain.
>
> * A building with proper passive solar orientation requires X% less energy
> to heat and cool than a building not oriented for passive solar.
>
> * A community with gathering areas/central plaza has X% less crime than a
> neighborhood without gathering areas.
>
> * A community planted with useful street trees can produce X$ of economic
> value per unit area versus a street planted in non-useful species.
>
> Does anyone out there have sources for useful data to make
> Permaculture-supporting statements? I'd really appreciate any input.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Millison
> www.beaverstatepermaculture.com
> Google command to search archives:

DickPierceDesigns@gmail.com
SE-NE (summer) & Austin, TX (winter)
Cell-512-992-8858 (all-season)
www.DickPierceDesigns.com <http://www.dickpiercedesigns.com/>

Running now: CitizenGardener.ning.com <http://citizengardener.ning.com/> -
Fall 2010 Classes - through Sept.
And, not far away: AustinPerm.com - PC Design Course - Austin - starts 10/2

-Dick's PC-Bio. on www.austinperm.com/
-You Tube Dick Pierce for video clips