permaculture - [permaculture] Perma-Data needed!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Andrew Millison <amillison@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Perma-Data needed!
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:46:39 -0700

Hello,
I'm putting together a funding proposal for a State agency who are
requesting Permaculture training for their staff.

I need to include data in the proposal with *verifiable sources*. Some
examples of the types of statements I'd like to clarify and back up are:

* Intensive garden agriculture is X% more productive per unit of area than
conventional mechanized field cropping and require X% less
energy/water/dollars to maintain.

* A building with proper passive solar orientation requires X% less energy
to heat and cool than a building not oriented for passive solar.

* A community with gathering areas/central plaza has X% less crime than a
neighborhood without gathering areas.

* A community planted with useful street trees can produce X$ of economic
value per unit area versus a street planted in non-useful species.

Does anyone out there have sources for useful data to make
Permaculture-supporting statements? I'd really appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Andrew Millison
www.beaverstatepermaculture.com