permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Rounpole Construction

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Vlaun <scott@moosepondarts.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Rounpole Construction
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:32:24 -0400

Hi Griffin

I built my house from primarily round poles. We've employed a few different joinery styles adapted from tradtional timber frame practices and have done smaller buildings with no real joinery.

You can see a couple of examples here.

http://www.moosepondarts.com/permaculture_buildings.html

If you have any questions let me know. I don't really have any drawings of the buildings or joinery that would be useful.

Scott Vlaun Moose Pond Arts+Ecology Design Solutions for a Sustainable Future
450 Main Street, Studio 2, Norway, Maine 04268 • 207-739-2409