permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Climate Ag Talk

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tripp Tibbetts <slowfoodguy@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Climate Ag Talk
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:54:20 -0800 (PST)

grifenhope@gmail.com wrote:
> Are we convinced, as a pseúdo movement, that co2 ís a problem?

Certainly not one that can't be undone with proper focus on real solutions
(eg Keyline pastoral carbon capture en masse), instead of whatever is making
the corporations the most money at the time.

I definitely don't think a bunch of fatcats chatting each other up about
carbon cap and trade, while cloistered in the glad-handing and back-slapping
halls of commerce is the answer...

...unless of course the question is, how do we make a fortune off of carbon
hysteria?

Again, I can't help but think that the problem is the solution.  That excess
atmospheric carbon may be precisely what's needed to refoliate the planet.
That humans, as an integral part of nature, are just as susceptible to her
whims as any other biological population.  That there is a groundswell of
people out there setting the standard for truly responsible living.  (Maybe
even a few in the US!)  That model systems are popping up in a cellular way,
pock-marking the industrial world's landscape with biodiverse refugia of
various sizes and stages of succession.  Then it all slowly connects,
bringing about exponential rehabilitation with each passing season.

How much fretting and hand-wringing the nodes do about the state of the
internodes is probably up to us.

Just the way I see it.

Tripp out.

-Chinese proverb