permaculture - [permaculture] Nutritional health

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jenny Nazak <jnazak@yahoo.com>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Nutritional health
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:12:37 -0700 (PDT)

I share Laurence London's interest in discussing nutritional health
(and the issue of how to maintain health as one ages) with fellow
permies. Though I can understand why one would be inclined to split
this off into a separate list, I can also see a pitfall of doing so:
It perpetuates the widely held myth that permaculture is only about
farming and gardening; that anything that doesn't fall into these
categories is "off-topic" on a permaculture list.

As I see it, aging and health and nutrition all fall squarely within
the realm of building sustainable culture.

That said, I can still see why we would want to have subtopic lists as
a means of regulating traffic volume.

Cheers

Jenny / Austin Permaculture Guild, TX, USA

Jenny Nazak
Licensed Avatar Master
512-619-5363

Want to help increase the amount of compassion in the world? Take a
few moments to do the Avatar Compassion Exercise at
www.internationalavatarcourse.com/compassion.html