permaculture - [permaculture] Regional Organizing Update (Re: Come join me on Minnesota Permacultur (Andrew French))

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Morris <earthsurfing@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, alienbuddha@gmail.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] Regional Organizing Update (Re: Come join me on Minnesota Permacultur (Andrew French))
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 11:07:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for clarifying your non-robotic status!
The broader Northeast is being collectively and collaboratively organized
through a wiki: http://northeasternpermaculture.wikispaces.com/
a listserv:https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/northeasternpermaculture
a facebook group:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22341369773&ref=ts

the Permaculture Institute of the Northeast (P.I.N.E.):http://www.thepine.org/
a ning:http://northeastpc.ning.com/
And supported through Transition nings such as:
http://transitionus.ning.com/ and
http://transitionvermont.ning.com/

(Closer to you, there is also the Midwest
ning:http://midwestpermaculture.ning.com/)

That's in the virtual realm, anyway!
But perhaps more importantly in the real through an annual summer gathering
and great connections among friends and colleagues and through a growing
informal network of other connections, classes, design projects, and farms
(many of whom are using the wiki or listserv to meet, connect and stay
informed).
This is not to mention more local 'guilds' and meetup groups with Finger
Lakes, NY, Western Massachusetts,  Montreal, Canada, Northern and Central
Vermont, Souther Maine, and Hudson Valley, and New York City being the more
active and organized- to my knowledge.  (there are links and updates on the
wiki.)
Hope it helps, and if you'd like to join us for the gathering this summer,
we'd love to share and hear from other regions!
Find out more about the 5th Annual Northeastern Permaculture Convergence (and
past gatherings at: http://northeasternpermaculture.wikispaces.com/
In Soildarity,Keithhttp://sterlingcollege.edu/AD.summerfarm.html
http://www.uvm.edu/~summer/course_CE.php?term=200906&crn=61081
http://yestermorrow.org/
http://burlingtonpermaculture.googlepages.com/

Keith Morris Prospect Rock Permaculture
Design and Education for Ecological Culture
earthsurfing@yahoo.com (802) 734.1129 PO Box 426 Jeffersonville, VT
05464

"If we do not do the impossible, we shall be faced with the unthinkable."
-Murray Bookchin (1921-2006)
Mr. LL,

To the best of my knowledge, I am not any type of bot. The email requesting
you (This mailing list) to join my Ning network was an oversight on my part,
my apologies. But anyone can join it if they wish, I was just working on it
a few days ago, simply my attempt to create an open permaculture dialogue
here in Minnesota. You can check out my website if you wish,
www.minnesotapermaculture.com, but again, that is in very early stages of
development, and I am just using Blogger as my frontpage.

Basically, I am looking for regional permaculture connections with no
specific agenda in mind. I would like hear about other permaculturalists
attempts at creating permaculture groups in their state, cities, etc...And
yes I know that there is a Permaculture Research Institue Cold Climate here
in Minneapolis, and I appreciate their work, but I am also looking to create
or particpate in a more open and casual group.

Thank You,

Andrew French (Cosmic Monkey)

End of permaculture Digest, Vol 77, Issue 6