permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Walls for raised garden beds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Green Singer <greenmansinger@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Walls for raised garden beds
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 13:44:58 -0400

I like what everyone's said so far--it all seems to point to the basic
principle of 'use what you've got.' That being said, some people have raised
concerns to me about the use of 'urbanite,' due to the presence of lead and
other leachable toxins in most concrete formulae. I helped Rhizome build
urbanite raised beds a couple of years back, and have to wonder whether that
was a service or disservice to them; I guess building food infrastucture is
always good, though, whether or not it's perfect.

Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet
Explorer 8.