permaculture - [permaculture] ONLINE Permaculture A Quiet Revolution Video on8th International Permaculture Convergenc

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Steve Read" <steveread@free.fr>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] ONLINE Permaculture A Quiet Revolution Video on8th International Permaculture Convergenc
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:50:43 +0100

Thanks for the observation Tom, Over here in France I'm using the 'Power of
communities' Cuba film and the Sepp Holzer film, in fact all the films have
their pro's and con's, the Mollison films are long on inspiration and short
on techniques/strategies but short on how to apply/principles etc. The Sepp
Holzer film is inspirational too and shows the power of good design, too many
people end up feeling that PmC is all about digging ponds everywhere. The
Cuba film is good at showing how an entire society (albeit one with certain
specificites) can shunt over to a new way. I would think it likely that each
culture will need its own film/s appealing to the specific audience with
examples from that climatic area, more general on principles and more
speciific on techniques adapted to the area.

In the meantime the Mollison films (esp In grave danger), Sepp Holzer and
Cuba etc set the scene for the following discussion.

Kenavo,

Steve

Directeur de l 'Université Populaire de Permaculture
Biographie (SteveR) http://permacultureinstitute.pbwiki.com/

2008-10-3007:40:54

Ixquick protége votre Vie Privée !
Le seul moteur de recherches qui efface vos informations personnelles.

Essayer Ixquick
http://us.ixquick.com/fra/?cat=web&query=