permaculture - [permaculture] Ithaca Freeskool Permaculture Book Club: Holmgren

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael@fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ithaca Freeskool Permaculture Book Club: Holmgren
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:18:57 -0400 (EDT)

The Ithaca Freeskool
offers a Permaculture Book Club with

Holmgren’s book:

"Permaculture: Principles & Pathways Beyond Sustainability"

Facilitator: Michael Burns

Contact: michael@fingerlakespermaculture.org

Date and Time: Wed’s Oct 8,15, & 29; Nov. 12 & 19; Dec 3; 6-8pm

Location: Café above Autumn Leaves books on the Commons, Ihaca. NY

We will read David Holmgren’s book “Permaculture: Principles &
Pathways Beyond Sustainability.” In each of our six sessions we will discuss
two of Holmgren’s 12 principles for permaculture.

This book uses permaculture principles as a framework for an empowering but
challenging vision of creative adaptation to a world of energy descent. David
Holmgren builds on the extraordinary success of the permaculture concept
(which he co-originated with Bill Mollison 25 years ago) and the global
permaculture movement, to provide a more cerebral and controversial
contribution to the sustainability debate. (from: http://www.holmgren.com.au/)

Copies of the book can be purchased at:
http://www.permacultureactivist.net/booksvid/BooksnVid.htm#DH
Please RSVP to michael@fingerlakespermaculture.org

——————————————–

Ithaca Freeskool is a decentralized, interactive skillshare network that goes
beyond the institutions of capitalism and the state. Classes, discussion
groups, skill shares, projects, and events hosted in a variety of
environments. We are all students, we are all teachers.

Questions, ideas, want to participate, etc?
Email us at ithaca_freeskool@riseup.net
Join our listserv: send a blank email with “subscribe” in the subject to
ithaca_freeskool@lists.riseup.net

For information on how to teach a class or to get updates on current classes,
guerilla workshops and events, check our blog:
http://www.ithacafreeskool.wordpress.com

Michael Burns
http://www.cayuta.org
Earn your permaculture design certificate.
The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
offers affordable local classes.
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org

  • [permaculture] Ithaca Freeskool Permaculture Book Club: Holmgren, Michael Burns, 09/23/2008