permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gmo produce PLU code for grocery stores (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: CHINAGRVE@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gmo produce PLU code for grocery stores (fwd)
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 02:02:40 EDT

I've known this for yrs and its good to know because sometimes four digit
items are put in the organic bin. I found conventional grapes listed as
organic
in Vitamin Cottage. For years conventional produce always had 4 digits
beginning with the number 4 - now I find watermelon and other produce having
4
digits beginning with 3. Does anyone know what the difference in these
codes
is?

Marilyn