permaculture - Re: [permaculture] what about lubrication?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] what about lubrication?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:47:27 -0400

this issue of progressives and environmentalists jumping on the biofuels
bandwagon is a real problem. I got into an interesting debate with a local
environmental group in Santa Barbara who were proudly announcing their
support for a new gas station selling gasoline with corn based ethanol fuel
mixed in. Biofuels are a big part of their "solution" to the environmental
crisis, global warming etc.? They are in the "techno-fix" camp. A few years
ago they sold off an wonderful acre site with an incredible organic urban
micro-farm so they could concentrate on fighting global warming. They simply
couldn't connect the dots.? So I am not surprised that progessives would be
susceptable to believing that raising negative issues meant you were on the
side of evil.

Larry saltzman