permaculture - Re: [permaculture] making charcoal cheaply at home?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: kevin s <k.skvorak@verizon.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] making charcoal cheaply at home?
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 12:46:15 -0400

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com :
Fri Nov 2 09:35:47 EST 2007

You'd be emitting an awful lot of very dangerous, very bad pollutants:
dangerous to anyone in your immediate neighborhood, including you and your
family, of course, and dangerous to the world in general.

thanks pat,

i certainly appreciate the issue, and your concern

perhaps i wasn't very clear, as i think you might have missed something in my proposal, and it was to make an effort to burn the off gasses and cold smoke from the main stove by routing it through the intake of another very small stove that contained a small fire. i feel like with some concientious draft management, one might be able to combust a lot of what was coming off the hot (anaerobic?) coals below

peace,
kevin