permaculture - Re: [permaculture] mosquito control

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kevin Topek" <ktopek@houston.rr.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] mosquito control
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 22:46:05 -0500

Charles,

Dragonfly nymphs eat anything that does not escape them. When you first
build a pond they are one of the initial colonizers. I have observed them
cramming small snails into their jaws that were twice the size of their
heads! They also eat tadpoles and mosquito larvae. If you build it (a pond)
they will come.

Kevin Topek