permaculture - Re: [permaculture] washing my dirty linen

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Anne Krauss <alkrauss@optonline.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] washing my dirty linen
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 16:35:04 -0400

Here's another pedal powered washing machine which comes a bit closer to actually doing the job:
http://www.los-gatos.ca.us/davidbu/pedgen/washing_machine.html

All it needs is an old-fashioned clothes wringer to complete the final spin cycle. However, I've gotten good results from a bathtub, a long soak cycle, and some gentle hand agitation. It's much easier on the clothes, too.

Yes, this is my first post, but I've been lurking for quite some time. I very much enjoy this list.

Anne from New York/Long Island