permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: permaculture digital library]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul d'Aoust <paul@heliosville.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: permaculture digital library]
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:56:54 -0700

On Mon, 2007-02-04 at 13:36 -0400, Michael Burns wrote:
> I am a student at Syracuse University working on my masters in Library
> Science and I was wondering if you might be able to help me with a project
> that I am working on. I am taking a class on digital libraries this
> semester
> and as one of our projects we are required to develop a project plan for a
> digital library in a topic of our choice. I choose permaculture because it
> is something I know a little about, but want to know a lot more about.

Hi, Michael. You may want to point this student to the pcdb mailing list
here on ibiblio. There is a lively discussion on creating just such a
library. We have a lot of varying opinions that we're trying to hash
out, so the conversation might get obtuse and confusing at times, but
there are a lot of really good directions we're pursuing, on how to
model the complex relationships between plants, animals, bioregions,
microclimates, and so on and so forth.

Otherwise, there is good ol' Plants for A Future as an example of an
existing resource. http://www.pfaf.org