permaculture - [permaculture] Finger Lakes Permaculture Summer 2007 (Ithaca NY USA)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Burns <michael@fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Finger Lakes Permaculture Summer 2007 (Ithaca NY USA)
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:59:35 -0400

The FINGER LAKES PERMACULTURE INSTITUTE
(a project of the Cayuga Nature Center)

presents

P e r m a c u l t u r e S u m m e r 2 0 0 7

--PERMACULTURE FUNDAMENTALS
--WATER MANAGEMENT with JOHN TODD
--ADVANCED PERMACULTURE DESIGN SEMINAR with DAVE JACKE and JONO NEIGER
--KEYLINE DESIGN with DARREN DOUGHERTY
--2007 NORTHEASTERN PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE
--SUMMER INTENSIVE: PERMACULTURE DESIGN CERTIFICATION

http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org

SCHEDULE:

May 12 – 13

PERMACULTURE FUNDAMENTALS
with
STEVE GABRIEL, educator, organizer, and land use director for Cayuga Nature Center

Learn about the foundations of permaculture and how we use them to design systems that meet personal and community needs. This weekend gives you credits towards our Permaculture Design Certificate.

Cayuga Nature Center
Ithaca, NY
Sliding Scale $100 - $250

May 26 – 27

PERMACULTURE FUNDAMENTALS
with
STEVE GABRIEL
and MARK HOUSE, educator, farmer at the Rochester Folk Art Guild

Learn the foundations of permaculture in the setting of an intentional community of artisans and the beauty of the western Finger Lakes. Earn credit towards our Permaculture Design Certificate.

Rochester Folk Art Guild
Bristol, NY
Sliding Scale $100 - $250
http://www.rfag.org

June 2 – 3

WATER MANAGEMENT IN THE LANDSCAPE
with
Professor JOHN TODD, internationally recognized biologist and author, founder of Ocean Arks International

Create an ecological oasis through a two-day seminar that addresses water and drainage issues on the CNC farm. Explore aquaculture as a solution to restoration and production goals for the landscape.

Cayuga Nature Center Farm
Ithaca, NY
Sliding Scale $300 - $400 + food
http://www.oceanarks.org/

June 13 – 17

ADVANCED PERMACULTURE DESIGN SEMINAR
with
DAVE JACKE, educator, designer and author of Edible Forest Gardens
and JONO NEIGER, teacher and designer; Regenerative Designs, Inc.

P.D.C. Graduates of years past will challenge and further develop their design process and skills. We will consider the CNC farm project as a design problem to be resolved with whole systems thinking.

Cayuga Nature Center Farm
Ithaca, NY
Sliding Scale $300 - $450 ($850 including Keyline Design Workshop) + food
http://www.edibleforestgardens.com

June 18 – 23

WATER FOR EVERY FARM: KEYLINE DESIGN
with
DARREN DOUGHERTY, permaculture teacher, designer, developer, and manager with extensive international experience in keyline design.

Build soil and store water in the land during an intensive blend of technical & practical sessions targeted at professional land managers, consultants, earthmovers, designers, farmers & others seeking in practical & cost-effective landscape restoration strategies.

Cayuga Nature Center Farm
Ithaca, NY
$600 ($850 with Advanced Design Seminar) + food
http://www.permaculture.biz

July 6 – 8

2007 NORTHEASTERN PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE

Find networks, inspiration, and solutions with a fun weekend of workshops, break out sessions, socializing and fun! Activists from around the northeast will come together to discuss the past, present, and future permaculture movement.

Cayuga Nature Center
Ithaca, NY
Sliding Scale $25 - 100, includes some meals and camping
http://northeasternpermaculture.wikispaces.com

August 3-19

SUMMER INTENSIVE
PERMACULTURE DESIGN
CERTIFICATION COURSE
with
STEVE GABRIEL, educator, organizer, and land use director for Cayuga Nature Center
and KARRYN OLSON-RAMANUJAN, educator and co-founder of FLPCI
(plus guest teachers)

Hands on experiential learning on 130+ acres. Explore the principles, techniques, and challenges of permaculture though presentations, projects and games. Spend two weeks immersed in the language of nature, looking at natural systems and how we can mimic them in our own designs and lives.

Cayuga Nature Center
Ithaca, NY
$800 + food

FOR MORE DETAILS:
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org

All events, unless otherwise noted, are held at the
CAYUGA NATURE CENTER
Five miles northwest of Ithaca, NY
at 1420 Taughannock Blvd.
607-273-6260