permaculture - [permaculture] "sustainable ag" series for KBCS news

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jim <ashevillecurrencyproject@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] "sustainable ag" series for KBCS news
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:42:23 -0500

Hi Thomas-
Could you send us a link to these programs if they are downloadable?
I'd like to take a listen, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Also, have you gotten any feedback on the pieces, and have they
opened folks' minds?

I've been impressed with the permaculture-friendly but under-recognized work
of the EF Schumacher Society
in Great Barrington, MA since shortly after getting my PDC last year.
Today they made the Sunday New York Times with their effort to start a new local currency.
http://select.nytimes.com/2007/02/25/us/25land.htm

This piece may be limited to paid subscribers (I read the digital NYT so much,
I feel fine about plunking down $50/year for it).

You can see an overview of past EF Schumacher Society lectures at
http://www.schumachersociety.org/publications.html

Thanks,
-- Jim