permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Dealing with one's own trash....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lisa Rollens" <rollens@fidnet.com>
  • To: <noctaire@infobin.org>, "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Dealing with one's own trash....
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:34:34 -0500

I have tried all kinds of systems with kitchen waste. The problem seems to be getting lazy letting it sit around the house and start fruit flies, or even regular house flies in special compost containers. Now, I just put the day's worth of compost in a bowl, a good bowl that I use, and take it out to the pile every night (or to the chickens). Nothing in the house to attract insects and the bowl gets washed!

Lisa, in the MO Ozarks

----- Original Message ----- From: "Noctaire" <noctaire@infobin.org>