permaculture - Re: [permaculture] flood recovery ideas -- wet books

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jennifer Fairley" <jennifer@alabamagreen.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] flood recovery ideas -- wet books
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:38:57 -0500 (CDT)

i have used layers and layers of newsprint covered in leaf litter, then
threw rye grass on top to pull a clay area into a plantable area in just
two years. Think this is a good idea, but the books may be too
thick....can you rip into pieces? maybe toss the outer cover away as it
may have some weird product in the inks....