permaculture - [permaculture] PDC in Maine this September

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Vlaun <scott@moosepondarts.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, International Permaculture List <Permaculture@openpermaculture.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] PDC in Maine this September
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:55:20 -0400

Hi all,

We are planning a 2 week class in Otisfield, Maine, September 11-24. Andrew Jones will be teaching the class and Dave Jacke is tentatively scheduled for a couple of days in week two if we get enough participants to cover the cost. A press release is below. Please pass it on or let me know if there are other places where we can send information.

All the best to everyone.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 25, 2006

Contact: Scott Vlaun, 207-539-9042, info@moosepondarts.com

PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE OFFERED IN OTISFIELD, MAINE IN SEPTEMBER

Otisfield, Maine – Moose Pond Arts + Ecology will be hosting a permaculture design course from September 11th to 24th, taught by long-time permaculturist and teacher Andrew Jones.

Permaculture, short for permanent agriculture (or culture), was conceptualized by Bill Mollison in the 1960s and further developed with David Holmgren in the 1970s. The concept has since spread throughout the world as a serious force for bio-remediation and ecological, socially conscious development. Beginning with protracted and thoughtful observation, and seeking to emulate the diversity, stability and resilience of natural ecosystems, permaculture offers design methodology and practical systems for providing our food, energy, shelter, and other needs in a truly sustainable fashion, emphasizing water conservation, local food production, and regional self-reliance.

The two-week course will cover a broad range of permaculture topics, including theory and principles of design, patterns in nature, design for catastrophe prevention, aquaculture, working with wildlife, energy efficient housing, and much more, with a student design exercise focused on developing a site plan for the Moose Pond Arts + Ecology site of over 70 acres of woodlands, organic gardens and buildings under construction. The course will allow participants to earn the internationally recognized Permaculture Designer's Certificate and get hands-on experience in organic gardening, green building, horse logging, and more.

Principle course instructor Andrew Jones is the Managing Partner of New York-based FullCircle LLC with a background in ecology, permaculture, humanitarian aid and international development. A native of Australia, he has worked extensively over the last 12 years in the Middle East, the Pacific, Asia, Europe and the United States.

For more information please call MPA + E at 207-739-2409 or send an email to info@moosepondarts.com. Details are also available on the MPA + E website: moosepondarts.com.

Scott Vlaun
Moose Pond Arts+Ecology
Design Solutions for a Sustainable Future

35 Moose Pond Road
Otisfield, Maine 04270
207-739-2409 Studio
207-890-4099 Cell
http://www.moosepondarts.com

  • [permaculture] PDC in Maine this September, Scott Vlaun, 06/29/2006