permaculture - Re: [permaculture] wild edibles and wholeness

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kathy Evans" <evansdk@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>, "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] wild edibles and wholeness
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:43:19 -0500

Marjory, My apologies! I read your email too fast and saw that you wanted a
nonelectric way. Those old coffee mills work well but don't know where to
get them besides overpriced at an antique shop. There are also those metal
crank food grinders that you clamp onto to the side of the table...they
have several attachments and it seems like my gramma ground everything in
them but mainly meat and nuts. You can buy them new from Vermont Country
Store (www.vermontcountrystore.com) for 35 bucks but you see them at yard
sales, too. I used to have one but alas, gave it away. Good
luck, Kathy