permaculture - Re: [permaculture] rats getting into the animal feed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kathy Evans" <evansdk@earthlink.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] rats getting into the animal feed
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:19:22 -0500

A number of years ago, when I very first had chickens, I opened the metal
trash with the chicken feed in it one morning to find a 'possum who had
managed to get the lid off, get inside, and have the lid fall back down on
his head, I guess. I didn't know what to do, was afraid it might be rabid
because it was so still (I was new to the game) and called animal control.
A fella came out, looked into the can, reached in and pulled the 'possum
out by his tail, dropped him on the ground, and the possum waddled away.
The guy's only comment was, "Playin' possum." Kathy