permaculture - [permaculture] building with ferrocement

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Fritz <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] building with ferrocement
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:35:58 -0700 (PDT)

It is a type of construction that has a certain attractiveness, but from my
understanding building with ferrocement does not allow for shelving to be
attached to such walls. As I rember it is because the walls are too thin to
bolt into. For more info on this method of construction see
http://paisite.com/sunlife/.

John Fritz, NW Arkansas

also, we're considering using ferrocement to build our house. has anyone
had experience with this? I'm going to build my chicken house/goat hutch with
it first and see how that works out.

Roxann, NW AR, zone 6b