permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fresh green juice fertilization ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Dylan Ford" <dford@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
  • To: <von-fi@elonmerkki.net>, "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fresh green juice fertilization ?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:11:25 -0500

From: <von-fi@elonmerkki.net>

Any experiences or thoughts about this ?

Orava - Last summer on a hunch I juiced up a big mess of comfrey leaves (3
or 4 mature plants) in a Champion kitchen juicer and added it in with some
biodynamic stir in a barrel of rainwater. I sprayed the garden with this. We
had zero rain last year, so I was kitchen-sinking the garden, hitting it
with every kindness I could think of, and in spite of no cooperation from
the weather and very little watering, we enjoyed a generous and high-quality
harvest. Unfortunately, though, it is difficult to parcel out the credit for
the success among the many things I tried.

I felt it would be good to do, and I believe it was, but beyond my thoughts
and feelings I can't say. I think the idea has potential, for the plants but
perhaps even more-so for the supportive biology of the soil. dylan

Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.