permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Nursery Overstocks

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: neshura <neshura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Nursery Overstocks
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:59:54 -0500

Wholly agreed, but depends on the situation. I rent, and while my
landlord has said, "Do whatever you like with the yard!", I am not
inclined to invest a great deal of time, money, and emotional
attachment, when simply planting an inexpensive kousa or two and
surrounding it with free (but not very attractive) mulch will vastly
improve the existing situation of "patchy grass and clay soil". So, we
shall see what arrives from the free plants outfit.

If the plants fail, no harm, while if they thrive, wonderful -- I'll
leave the garden in better shape than I received it. I'd prefer to
order from ediblelandscaping.com, but while the plants I've received
from them have been incredibly lovely, vigorous, and locally-adapted,
they are real wallet-busters, and I don't intend to leave them behind
when I move out.

Would be nice to find some free russian comfrey!