permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Green investments

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Green investments
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 06:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

You may already be aware of some of this, but for the
benefit of those who don't:

In terms of Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds, I only
know of one permaculture sympathetic investment
manager whom we are no doubt all aware:
naturalinvesting.com.

There is also a movement to approach
economics/investments from a more organic angle. See
http://www.solari.com for a good description of how to
do it. The down side is that this site is politically
motivated. However, the concept itself is good.

By using the PCU, you in effect help form a small
permaculture ecomony. The PCU uses the money you
place in a savings (investment) account and turns
around to loan it for a permaculture use like PDC
classes or helping start an ecovillage. The PCU,
being more local to south western USA, may not be the
solution for everyone, as most benefit is local to
them. It would be a good idea for a grass roots
effort to form based upon PCU.

Other sites of note are:
http://www.henrygeorge.org
http://www.carbohydrateeconomy.org
http://www.natcap.org
http://www.steadystate.org
http://www.newapproachtofreedom.info
http://www.openmoney.org
http://creditary-economics.org
http://open.coop
http://www.smalleconomy.com
http://tinyurl.com/9c825

-Sean.

--- "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net> wrote:
> Can anyone describe what opportunities exist in the
> realm of Green investments and what role the
> Permaculture Credit Union is playing in that arena?

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com