permaculture - [permaculture] Old wood cookstove for heating hoophouse?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Carrie Shepard" <outlikeelijah@gbronline.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Old wood cookstove for heating hoophouse?
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 16:55:43 -0500

I'm looking at adding a wood cookstove to the hoophouse for use on the
coldest days and would like some advice as to the logistics of this. I was
told that this would work for our 12' X 20' hoophouse as we were putting it
up by an extension agent.

What I don't know is how to install it, like will I need to frame in a
wooden box type opening with metal flange for the vent pipe? And can a
pallet with a tileboard be used for setting it on?

What would be the best location for the stove inside the hoophouse? In the
very middle seems best to me, but that would seem right in the road so to
speak.

I've never seen a hoophouse done like this, well, just saw my first
hoophouses this past year anyway!

Thanks for any help,
Carrie
In OK with mostly mild winters.