permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Goats herding

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Carrie Shepard" <outlikeelijah@gbronline.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Goats herding
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:40:31 -0500

One more idea Lisa,

I had thought that ideally one could double fence at least 3 paddocks in pie
shapes with the narrow section at the barn pen entrance. By double fencing
I mean having about a 5 or 6 foot lane between each paddock where you could
plant trees and edible brambles/shrubs, so that you have a constantly
renewing source of browse safe from the goats ability to totally destroy the
brambles. I think there was something like this in some of the permaculture
manual drawings.

Carrie