permaculture - [permaculture] Goats herding

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lisa in Oregon <lisamaciver8@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Goats herding
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:05:41 -0700 (PDT)

I doubt this list contains many goat herders, what with Mollison
being kind of anti-goat, but just in case: we separate the buck as
everyone does. We have a new buck and he's lonely. It would be
nice to have a more natural herd with the buck living with the does,
but how would one avoid having very young does bred? Anyone here
raise goats permaculturally?

Lisa in Ashland Oregon