permaculture - Re: [permaculture] LEDs poised to replace light bulbs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] LEDs poised to replace light bulbs
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:33:03 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

If they emit the same narrow-spectrum light as current white LEDs, I'm not
interested. It's OK for a camping headlamp or emergency light, but I
wouldn't want to light my house with that awful pale flat colorless light
- and I suspect it would not be healthy in the long run.

Full-spectrum LEDs, now that would be exciting!

And a boon to landfill operators, as millions and millions of both
incandescent and compact flourescent bulbs (the latter with many years of
useful life left) fill trash cans everywhere...

> Bright idea: LEDs poised to replace light bulbs
>
> By R. Colin Johnson
> EE Times
> July 23, 2004 (1:00 PM EDT)
>

> PORTLAND, Ore. — A recent advance in light-emitting diodes may
> illuminate the path to replacing light bulbs with LEDs within the next
> five years, according to researchers.

- Eco-Living -
Whole Systems Design Services
People - Place - Learning - Integration