permaculture - Re: [permaculture] An Online Permaculture Knowledgebase

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] An Online Permaculture Knowledgebase
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 20:09:15 -0700

Graham Burnett wrote:

rounding up content providers that are willing to commit to a chosen
(hopefully open-source) content management system...
That, CMS, is exactly what TikiWiki offers among many other invaluable
features,
icluding secure user login with user authentication, file uploads and much
more.
_If_ I am able to install TikiWiki and get it running it will replace the
existing Permacultur Wiki.

Will the existing pC wiki content be transfered across? It would be a shame
to waste the work that went into it, though there wasn't alot of content I
think we set up quite alot of potentially useful structural skeleton that
could still make a good framework

Graham www.spiralseed.co.uk

Yes, but as I will be changing Wiki software I won't be able to a backup of
wikipages
then restore them to the new wiki. It will have to be done manually, saving
the wiki
markup for all pages to be preserved, including graphics. I can use some help
with that task.
Easy to do. Just copy and paste the text you see when you do a wikipage
edit/change/update;
this will include the PHPWiki markup, saving a lot time during restoral. Just
saving the text you see
when _viewing wikipages online_ would help but no where near as complete as
saving marked up text,
seen during edits.

Maybe if we save for restoral what we each contributed the job will be easier.
The reason a lot of text and graphics/pix are currently missing is due to
hackers uploading illegal/problem files in such quantity that
I had to delete the entire uploads directory. This will not happen with the
new wiki as file uploads can be limited to a certain group of users.

I think this may me a major source of fun for us because the software,
TikiWiki is so cool and full of features.

:LL:
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net