permaculture - Re: [permaculture] An Online Permaculture Knowledgebase

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] An Online Permaculture Knowledgebase
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 18:25:28 -0700

mIEKAL aND wrote:

How is this different that the permaculture wiki that you already have running? I think one of the main things to consider is that there seems to be very few "permaculture" people confortable with working in a wiki interface. Im wary of the "build it & they will come" plan for development of a web project, but I would love to see efforts put into

rounding up content providers that are willing to commit to a chosen (hopefully open-source) content management system...

That, CMS, is exactly what TikiWiki offers among many other invaluable
features,
icluding secure user login with user authentication, file uploads and much
more.
_If_ I am able to install TikiWiki and get it running it will replace the
existing Permacultur Wiki.

It should be nearly as easy to use as navigating the Web and using a mailing
list or newsgroup,
or using an online database, or a search engine like Google.

It could become a pool of library resources useful to many for a long time to
come,
in the public domain, A Permaculture Knowledgebase, part of The Open
Permaculture Project.

~mIEKAL

Also the PCPlantDB people are working on an online plant database with guild
information
alowing user input, so I hear.

--
L.F.London