permaculture - [permaculture] RE:Re: Inside Zone Zero essays online

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lponeill@att.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] RE:Re: Inside Zone Zero essays online
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 14:05:55 +0000

I must say that I was surprised to see this response to Mikael's posting of
links to her writings repeated. Was this necessary? I found its tone to be
intolerant and condescending.

In particular this part:
"Your suggestion that Permaculture zone zero is defined by eco-feminist pagan
spirituality is an attempt to:

a) confuse people about what Permaculture design is and is not
b) convert members of this list to eco-feminist pagan spirituality religion"

Whatever your views are, I am willing to consider them, including religious
ones that pertain to permaculture. However, what I don't need is for you or
anyone else to protect me from ideas. I am speaking for myself, but I believe
that most of the people on this list are intelligent and can choose for
themselves what they would like to read and what they would not.

By the way, I glanced through these writings, but chose not to read them in
depth. If they offended you, you have the right to voice your opinion, but
you don't have the right to censor them for others. Comment on them, but
don't try to repress them. If you don't like it, don't read it. If it bothers
you, delete it.

-- Laurie O'Neill

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or
of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances.