permaculture - [permaculture] Hydro power in Greece

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Richard Forster" <mulchpig@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Hydro power in Greece
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:39:57 -0700

Hi Andrew, As your setup seems so ideal for hydro power it would be a shame
if you had to settle for a polluting generator wouldn't it? Are you or can
you be connected to the main power grid? Does the power company that supplies
the grid have a buy back scheme? I am just thinking that if the answer to
those questions is yes, and if you can find someone to loan you the money up
front it should be possible to sell your excess electricity to the grid
(possibly allowing you to not have to buy expensive and problematic
batteries) at a rate that may help pay off your loan? I hope you find
something that works anyway. Good luck!