permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Bob's post, what to call US,and systemic feedback

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bob Howard <rmhoward@omninet.net.au>
  • To: john@eco-living.net, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Bob's post, what to call US,and systemic feedback
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:42:30 +0800

John Schinnerer wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> > I actually think the real problem is that people were offended by my
> > spelling but they chose (with one query as an aside) not to question
> > this, preferring instead ...
>
> If you're gonna complain about Keith's contrails post by calling it
> 'superstitious nonsense', I'd prefer that you just post exactly that - "I
> think Keith's post about contrails is superstitious nonsense".

That's exactly what i said in my first post

> Given the way you actually chose to respond to Keith's post, I don't think
> anyone owes you any apologies.

What for being called a bigot - nobody has provided a substatnive reasdon for
this slander- least of all you

> Own your opinions and be specific about what and/or whom you're referring
> to in them. I like you better that way than when you make large-scale
> assumptions about the indoctrination systems of other people and the
> results thereof.
>
> I find it especially ironic that you then post about "shambala warrior
> code," "Mahayana Buddhism," etc. in your polemic - I assume you're aware
> that to some folks that's just superstitious nonsense.

I was referring to ethics not belief

> > The reason I spell Amerikan this way is because I used to spell it this
> > way until the end of the Vietnam War as a way of not insulting the other
> > people who live on the continent since there is no other easy adjective
> > to use.
>
> USA (acronym for United States of America) works just fine - specifies
> which nation among the many in the Americas (both North and South) is
> being referred to.

for you maybe

> > It's Wednesday night and I'm really tired and I've got a busy day
> > tomorrow but I'm sitting here typing because I think some people owe me
> > an apology for their cruel and careless name calling.
>
> See above. You're not a victim, and I don't support you acting like one.
> You're experiencing systemic feedback as a living system in a larger
> context of interrelated living systems. I've found this to be a very good
> learning experience in my life.

this is the most sententious crap that has been posted to date - you need to
examine your own conscience if you've got one. Accusing people of victimhood
without considering the rights or wrongs is patronizing and simply a way of
ignoring the issues.