permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Bob's post, what to call US, and systemic feedback

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Bob's post, what to call US, and systemic feedback
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:45:04 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> I actually think the real problem is that people were offended by my
> spelling but they chose (with one query as an aside) not to question
> this, preferring instead ...

If you're gonna complain about Keith's contrails post by calling it
'superstitious nonsense', I'd prefer that you just post exactly that - "I
think Keith's post about contrails is superstitious nonsense".

Given the way you actually chose to respond to Keith's post, I don't think
anyone owes you any apologies.

Own your opinions and be specific about what and/or whom you're referring
to in them. I like you better that way than when you make large-scale
assumptions about the indoctrination systems of other people and the
results thereof.

I find it especially ironic that you then post about "shambala warrior
code," "Mahayana Buddhism," etc. in your polemic - I assume you're aware
that to some folks that's just superstitious nonsense.

> The reason I spell Amerikan this way is because I used to spell it this
> way until the end of the Vietnam War as a way of not insulting the other
> people who live on the continent since there is no other easy adjective
> to use.

USA (acronym for United States of America) works just fine - specifies
which nation among the many in the Americas (both North and South) is
being referred to.

> It's Wednesday night and I'm really tired and I've got a busy day
> tomorrow but I'm sitting here typing because I think some people owe me
> an apology for their cruel and careless name calling.

See above. You're not a victim, and I don't support you acting like one.
You're experiencing systemic feedback as a living system in a larger
context of interrelated living systems. I've found this to be a very good
learning experience in my life.

cheers,
John S.

John Schinnerer, MA