permaculture - [permaculture] Allan needs advice on selecting a brush cutter.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Allan needs advice on selecting a brush cutter.
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:59:55 -0800

Subject: Do you mind forwarding this one for me?
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:15:41 -0500
From: Allan Balliett <igg@igg.com>

I have to clear a lot of land a lot more often than I really would
like to. This year I'm looking at redeeming a 1acre biodynamic garden
that's been neglected and fallow for 3 years. (Viva le fertility!
Viva le Gobo!!) and spruce up a neglected 3 acre rock outcropping
pasture.

I'm looking at getting a new brush cutter. After the recommendations
in the recent whole earth, I'm looking at the Shindaiwa B450
(45ccs/18lb unit), I'm wondering if I should save money and get the
cheaper 35cc unit. More than that, I'm wondering what the rest of you
are using.

Oh, I've got goats. I'm trying to clean these fields up so that the
goats don't get too f*cked up in them!!

I'll be cutting everything from grass to sizeable alanthis.

Your advice, please!

-Allan Balliett
Loudoun Co, VA