permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Industry and permaculture - H20 treatment

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Industry and permaculture - H20 treatment
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:45:27 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> Re: blackwater purification, The municipalities of Beaumont and
> Arcada have
> turned their waste water treatment "wetlands" into quite the
> biological
> preserves and consequently tourist attractions.

That's Arcata, not Arcada (CA, just N. of Eureka in Humboldt Co.) -
lots of info online, try google search on |arcata treatment pond| and
similar. It's not first stage blackwater treatment, it's third/final
stage I think...but still quite an achievement in this fecephobic
culture.

=====
John Schinnerer, MA