permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Re: big ag in Pc (brix)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Re: big ag in Pc (brix)
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:36:23 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

I'd heard of brix but never looked into it. Just read the posted
article about what it is/measures. Sounds useful - a good tool to add
to a rich toolbox for educating people about the nature and quality of
what they're eating and how it comes to be.

And - it seems obvious to me that focusing on a single
approach/measurement/solution for "quality" of food (brix, as one
example) is not at all a permaculture way of going about anything.
Brix could be one element, along with more direct grower-buyer
relations, localized production and purchase, education of food-buying
public (i.e. everyone, except maybe breatharians... ;-)

Let's not replicate the "one size fits all" approach (to anything) that
seems to have caused so much trouble this far.

=====
John Schinnerer, MA