permaculture - Re: [permaculture] diploma in permaculture design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Pacific Edge Permaculture + Media <pacedge@magna.com.au>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] diploma in permaculture design
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 14:42:49 +1000

On Saturday, July 27, 2002, at 09:04 AM, Loren Davidson wrote:

At 03:35 PM 7/26/02 -0500, Mark wrote:
At 01:03 PM 7/26/02 -0600, you wrote:
At 07:45 AM 7/26/02 -0500, Mark wrote:
My advise is to ignore the absurd obsession people have with getting their shiny PC certificate.

I expected there would be some snotty reply, nice to not be disappointed.

When you enter a discussion using highly-charged, judgemental words like "absurd" and "snotty," what else *can* you expect? I believe that guides on Netiquette would term this behavior either "trolling" or "flamebaiting." Generally, it doesn't fall under the definition of "playing nice."

I fail to see how deliberately insulting people results in "care for the earth; care for each other."

Just my uninformed $0.02,

Loren

Loren Davidson Earth steward, healer, singer/songwriter

Humble suggestion: We are all colleagues, not protagonists. We can thus disagree and argue our cases without slighting each other or resorting to unnecessarily emotive language.

Adversarialism is common in Western discourse, especially in north America, I see, but also, possibly to a lesser extent, in Australia. It is not a useful basis for exploring issues and ideas as it allows no grey areas, only 'right' and 'wrong'. Thus it belongs in courtrooms, notoriously unproductive time wasting places, and not in the discourse of productive ideas people.

...Russ Grayson