permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Biogas digester plans

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Biogas digester plans
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:27:28 -0600

I think it would be very useful to many people if the English
translation of of the Jean Pain book referenced below could be found
and made available, either by reprinting or via the internet. Also,
is the author still around? What has happened with his operation?
(If there is anything I can do to help this, I would certainly
volunteer.)

A ten person operation might be an interesting project for a
neighborhood, or a permaculture/cohousing project.

With biogas, it seems to me that the frustrating thing is that while
the concept is well understood, it is hard to access practical
information such as how to convert something like a chipper or an
automobile to run on methane biogass.

Robert Waldrop, Oklahoma City