permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Biogas digester plans

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Hitchins" <ScottH@wcig.org.au>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Biogas digester plans
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:15:39 +1100

Werribee sewage farm, Melbourne Australia, has several of its settling ponds
/ ageing lagoons covered with enormous 'rubber' membranes and are apparently
generating all their own electricity and are hoping to eventually sell to the
grid. They may be worth contacting. They also produce over a million dollars
of beef and lamb each year on (treated) waste-irrigated grass. They are also
a very large bird sanctuary.

Scott

scotth@wcig.org.au