permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Worms

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "keller" <ak.and.ak@on-line.de>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Worms
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:49:11 +0100

Hi Su,

> Another kids problem that many of us have to contend with,
> especially if they are school goers, is head lice. Has anybody any
> Cheers,Su Dennett

I heard that Neem tree is used agains head and body lice as well as scabies.
I don't know exactly, but I think the fruits are used. Maybe somebody here
knows more. This tree is used to make an insecticide, and is traditionally
used in India against lice and scabies mites. I heard it is very effective.

The tree comes from India, but it also grows in Africa and probably
elsewhere (unfortunately not here in Germany).

Andreas