permaculture - Re: Buckwheat harvesting ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Roger W. Greene Jr." <envirochef@acadia.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Buckwheat harvesting ?
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 18:00:05 -0400

I have grown a lot of "micro-greens" on a commercial level. I assume you are
going to cnusme these in a salad -like manner?
I would cut them just as they get "true" leaves and before they get too
tough. Try them out every day or so and see how they taste. I would cut them
abouot half way between the soil and the leaves.
Good Luck!