permaculture - Re: virus problems

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: virus problems
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:21:54 +0100

> Subject: virus problem
> From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
> Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:21:42 -0400
>
> some list subscribers are still infected with various viruses;
> I got email from pinc(at)svn.net (email ID reworked) that was sent
> by the fun.pif virus, inviting me to "look to the attachment" -
> proptly deleted the message+attachment unpoened.
>
> I have been unsubbing those with viruses until they correct the
> problem - anyone with a better idea for dealing with this problem?

I'd just ban attachments. I know some of the mailing list software out
there
automatically removes attachments replacing them with a message
"this email contained attachments". It would also prevent people from
including large images which generally don't go down well.

Rich
--
Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Main Site: Blagdon Cross Plant Research and Demonstration Gardens,

  • Re: virus problems, Richard Morris, 05/31/2001