permaculture - Re: weekend pc courses

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <permed@nor.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: weekend pc courses
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 01 19:20:16 +1100

>Just wanted to be clear on terms:
>I was talking about a full "72 hr." PDC, run over a series of weekends, not a
>weekend intro or workshop. I have yet to dig the eval out of archives for
>those who replied, but will do.
>-Rick

I have conducted such courses in the past - especially when I was based
in Sydney & found city people resisted the idea of an intensive 2-week
course. After trying a few different formats I found what worked best was
running the course on alternating weekends (working people couldn't
handle the grind of continuous 7-day weeks with no breaks) I often
scheduled the course to have the 2nd last weekend as a 4-day programme
coinciding with a long weekend or Easter break & camp on a PC property
somewhere and work on design project. This also reduced the number of
weekends to 5 to cover full 72 hour curriculum.
Robyn Francis

Djanbung Gardens Permaculture Education Centre
home to:
Permaculture Education
ERDA Institute Trust
Nimbin Eco-Village Project Office
Robyn Francis - permaculture designer & educator
PO Box 379, Nimbin NSW 2480 Australia
permed@nor.com.au www.earthwise.org.au

  • Re: weekend pc courses, permed, 03/01/2001