permaculture - Re: Organic honeymoon period over????

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw@dlogue.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic honeymoon period over????
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:38:09 -0600

Here the local stores seem to be increasing their organic products. Eagle
grocery stores have stocked certified organic produce for years even though
they probably lose money on it. In the last couple of years K-Mart has
increasingly stocked certified organic products. Just over the winter they
started stocking certified organic lettuces.

For me (in the US rural midwest) this has been a long time coming.
The honeymoon isn't over here. In my area, the engagement hasn't even been
announced!

Del Williams
delannw@dlogue.net