permaculture - Re: Organic honeymoon period over????

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Yaya Balinci" <yaya@telus.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic honeymoon period over????
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:36:19 -0800

Over here in NA the only sector of the food production industry that showed
a profit was the organic food sector. For the same reason "the big stores
are motivated by a short termist profit ethic rather than a deep commitment
to sustainability, and always will be?" I feel that anyone that supports
supermarkets is interested for selfish gain of health (short term) rather
than long term commitment to sustainability. The long term human being
realizes that we do not own the land we live on, we are borrowing it from
our children.

Michael Hollihn,
Sustainable Forest-Farm-Garden Design
Ecosystem Mapping For Sustainable Production of foods and materials,
I use tree-free paper and digital video documentation
yaya@telus.net
604.253.2536
http://www3.telus.net/circleworks/sustmed2.htm
Vancouver, BC, Canada
*better known as NW Coastal Turtle Island